Claude Shannon Scholarship
The main component of this program are the Claude Shannon Scholarships. These scholarships will be awarded to high-achieving financially disadvantaged undergraduate and masters students enrolled in computer science and mathematics at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras (UPR-RP).
MINIMAL REQUISITES TO ENTER IN THE COMPETITION:
- Being a full time CS or Math student and a US-Citizen or Permanent Residents.
- Two academic letters of reference.
- A one page essay outlining career and research experience and goals.
- Academic transcripts.
- For CCOM—Undergraduate Students: CCOM 3020 or MATE 3151, and CCOM 3033 approved with A or B, and average in MATE and CCOM courses of 3.00 or higher.
- For Mathematics—Undergraduate Students: MATE 3152 and another math major approved with A or B, and average in MATE and CCOM courses of 3.00 or higher.
- For Graduate Students in Applied Math: GPA of 3.33 or higher.
- Student should have financial need as defined by the “Oficina de Asistencia Económica”. Please read this page to estimate your financial need.
- Any student may be called for an interview.
- The chosen scholars will be required to participate in monthly mentor meetings and other program activities (talks, workshops). The scholar's will be asked to evaluate the activities of the program. The program will maintain statistics about the participant's progress throughout the duration. The program will publish statistics about the participants' progress in a manner that will not reveal the individual's identities.
Application form here !!!!